Notice of Intent to Cancel – A member’s notice of his/her intent to cancel shall be given in writing to the health studio. And that such a notice of cancellation shall also automatically terminate the consumer's obligation to any entity to whom the health studio has subrogated or assigned the consumer's contract. If the health studio wishes to enforce such contract after receipt of the notice, it may request the department to determine the sufficiency of the notice.
The Member agrees to provide a 30-day notice of intent to cancel in writing to FFN and delivered to FFN either in person to an owner, by mail or by e-mail to email@example.com. All membership fees must be brought current at the time of cancellation. Account will be terminated on the last day of the next billing cycle after notice was received. Member is entitled to a copy of the cancellation notice form; in case it was filed in person.
Additional Cancelation/Termination Terms
- Members are entitled to the cancellation and refund of the contract if the contracting business location of the health studio goes out of business or moves its facilities more than five (5) driving miles and fails to provide, within 30 days, a facility of equal quality located within five (5) miles at no additional cost to the buyer.
- Members are advised to contact the Department of Agricultural and Consumer Services for information within 60 days should the health studio go out of business.
- That if the department determines that a refund is due the buyer, the refund shall be an amount computed by dividing the contract price by the number of weeks in the contract term and multiplying the result by the number of weeks remaining in the contract term. The business location of a health studio shall not be deemed out of business when temporarily closed for repair and renovation of the premises:
- Upon sale, for not more than 14 consecutive days; or
- During ownership, for not more than seven (7) consecutive days and not more than two (2) periods of seven (7) consecutive days in any calendar year.
- A refund will be issued within 30 days after receipt of the notice of cancellation.
The contract may be cancelled if the buyer dies or becomes physically unable to avail himself or herself of a substantial portion of those services which he or she used from the commencement of the contract until the time of disability, with refund of funds paid or accepted in payment of the contract in an amount computed by dividing the contract price by the number of weeks in the contract term and multiplying the result by the number of weeks remaining in the contract term. The buyer or the buyer's estate seeking relief under this paragraph may be required to provide proof of disability or death. A physical disability sufficient to warrant cancellation of the contract by the buyer shall be established if the buyer furnishes to the health studio a certification of such disability by a physician licensed under Chapter 458, 459, 460 or Chapter 461 to the extent the diagnosis or treatment is within the physician’s scope of practice. A refund shall be issued within 30 days after receipt of the notice of cancellation.
- If the health studio requires a buyer to furnish identification upon entry to the facility and as a condition of using the services of the health studio, the health studio will provide the buyer with the means of such identification.
- SHOULD YOU (THE BUYER) CHOOSE TO PAY FOR MORE THAN ONE (1) MONTH OF THIS AGREEMENT IN ADVANCE, BE AWARE THAT YOU ARE PAYING FOR FUTURE SERVICES AND MAY BE RISKING LOSS OF YOUR MONEY IN THE EVENT THIS HEALTH STUDIO AND/OR THIS BUSINESS LOCATION CEASES TO OPERATE. THIS HEALTH STUDIO IS NOT REQUIRED BY FLORIDA LAW TO PROVIDE ANY SECURITY, AND THERE MAY NOT BE OTHER PROTECTIONS PROVIDED TO YOU SHOULD YOU CHOOSE TO PAY IN ADVANCE.